Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Christmas Tag | Blogmas Day 3!


UGH. SO EXCITED FOR THE FIRST ACTUAL FESTIVE POST OF THE MONTH!

What better way to get in the festive mood than with the Christmas tag?! I've even made the questions all beautiful and festively themed for your (and my - mostly my) pleasure! Let's get right into the questions before I wee myself with excitement!


Sorry not sorry 'bout it - Love Actually is, of course, my favourite Christmas film. I've already watched it twice in the past two weeks! Honourable mention to the Glee Christmas specials which also always get me in the mood!


No!! Unfortunately in Australia it is summer during the festive season so we generally have 30-40 degree (Celsius) Christmases soooo definitely not! I'm sure I'll have one one day! (I'd better!)


I've always spent Christmas at home at my parents' house! We generally just stay at home all day unless we decide to go to the beach or for a walk somewhere.


The song "Sleigh Ride" always reminds me so much of Christmas because it reminds me of a decoration that we used to have at my parents' house. It was a silly little tree we bought that was motion activated, so when you walked past it it would open up and start singing while showing a little Christmassy scene. I have so many memories of that little tree where it has been activated at stupid times and my family have dropped what they're doing just to dance along. It unfortunately has passed on into Christmas tree heaven but the song makes me so happy every time I hear it. I'll also always love a bit of All I Want for Christmas is You (Love Actually version, of course). 


Nope! That's not really a thing I've heard of people doing in Australia, but I can see why people do it in other countries! I prefer the excitement of opening all of my presents on Christmas morning, but that doesn't mean that I don't think it's a cool idea, especially since I always buy myself a Christmas outfit and give it to myself. Maybe this year I'll wrap it up and open it on Christmas Eve!


Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph. Come at me, bro. 
(I am a little too proud of that)


Every year my mum and I go to White Christmas at Movie World (a theme park in Australia) where they have lots of fun Christmassy things and a Christmas parade with lots and lots of gorgeous lights and it's one of my favourite Christmas traditions which I love doing every year with my mum. It's also my mum's birthday on Christmas day, so I actually love giving her her birthday presents! We always do her birthday before we do Christmas so that pre-Christmas feeling is always my favourite haha.


Fake! My mum tried to get a "real" tree once but I am convinced that it wasn't even the right species of tree because it was so ugly. I don't think the trees can survive Australian heat! Our fake trees have to suffice, unfortunately! (although on the plus side... No messy needle cleanup!)


Chocolate crackles 1000%! I think chocolate crackles are Australian, but they are similar to a rice crispy treat? All I know is that we make them at Christmas time in Australia and they are pure heaven to eat.


I normally give my mum a Christmas list so I usually know what I'm going to get come Christmas time (she always manages to sneak lots of surprises in though!). My favourite thing about presents is them being a surprise so I'm normally much more excited to give people gifts (and spend time choosing, wrapping and decorating them!) than to receive them, but this year I haven't actually given mum much direction so I am very excited to see what my parents come up with this year! In general, I love receiving gifts but I don't like opening them in front of people, even though I love watching people open them!



I have the absolute memory so I can't even remember anything I got for Christmas past, like, last year! Last year I got a lot of things to take when I went travelling to England, and I got a lovely coat which kept me warm for a month so I'm going to say that! I'm sorry, gift givers!


I would absolutely love to spend a December in London or somewhere else in England, preferably when it's snowing! The twinkly lights and cosy weather are my absolute dream. I don't think I could enjoy it if I hadn't had my family with me though - my dream place to spend Christmas will always be with them! (aww)


I try really hard! I love putting effort into wrapping, with ribbons and tags and the whole shebang! Unfortunately, if something isn't box-shaped then I have an awful time wrapping it! My failing doesn't stop me from trying, nor from having a good time, though!


My favourite holiday moment is from when I was much, much younger, and would happen every year on the night before Christmas. My brother and I would be so excited about Christmas that I would sleep on a mattress on his floor so we could be excited together. We would always wake up super early (try 2am) with excitement, and instead of waking up my parents, we would play Pokemon together into the wee hours of the morning. We would always end up waking Mum up anyway, and getting told to go back to sleep, which we would eventually do. Just remembering how I would listen for reindeer on the roof during those times is so special and my favourite thing to remember about Christmas! (and it didn't even happen on Christmas day!)


What? That must have a really great metabolism to be able to eat so many cookies in one night? I guess it's just common sense, really! 


I actually haven't made resolutions for real before! I mean I've made stupid little challenges for myself but nothing serious or anything to commit to before! I'm a huge advocate for goals though so I'm going to set myself a list of things I want to accomplish in 2015, rather than resolve to make changes. I'm totally the kind of person to make resolutions though, I don't know why I haven't done it before!


Now that I'm living out of home the most important part of this holiday is going to be able to see and spend time with my family. I can't wait to go home and put up the Christmas tree with them! Generally, my favourite thing about the holidays is the way that everyone just seems a little happier and a little more inclined toward kindness - that coupled with the complete normalcy of having fairy lights everywhere makes me the happiest little chappy in the world!

1 comment:

  1. It's so interesting the way everybody celebrates the holidays so differently! I live in California and I've never had a white Christmas either :( I'd really love to experience one though.
    Also, Love Actually and the Glee Holiday episodes are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete