Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

University Assignment | Kate Does Life

This post is going to be a bit different than normal but I always love getting little insights into bloggers' personal lives so I thought I'd do the same on my blog. It will probably be more interesting to me than anyone else, but I just thought I'd like to have a document of this because I spent a long time on it and I'm quite proud!

So if you didn't know, I study communications at university, and this semester I took a course on visual communication. This meant that we had no written assessment, and everything was submitted in visual form. It was really fun to be allowed to be creative at uni and I had a really great time procrastinating by taking these photos! This is around half of the photos I submitted for my assessment.

Our aim was to create any photo story comprising of fifteen photos, which focused on our manipulation of viewpoint and light. Earlier in the semester we had a week where we looked at film noir and since then I knew that that's what I wanted my project to be styled as. My tutor helped shape my story and in the end it ended up as a take on a femme fatale. I love some of the photos I took, so I thought I'd share them on here for a nice little keepsake, to remember that it is possible to enjoy uni!

So here are a few of my favourite photos from the shoot, which has taken basically this entire semester to take and refine into these fifteen photos! *screams from the rooftop about how I AM NOT A PHOTOGRAPHER and there are probably so many things wrong with this but for someone with NO photography experience I think I've done pretty well!*









And there it is!
Talk to you soon!
Kate XOXO

4 comments:

  1. I love these. I like that it took you the span of the semester to choose photos. That way you can really narrow down the best. The eyes & fingers peeping through the window is awesome. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete