Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Review: Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Pop

Hello sunshines!

I was at Priceline today mooching about, as you do, and I came across a sale bin of Maybelline Baby Lips lip balms! After returning from England at the beginning of this year with what is probably a three-year supply of the internationally-packaged Baby Lips, I have become increasingly angry at the small and badly packaged range on Australian shores. You could therefore imagine my happiness at finding out that the new Baby Lips Electro Pop range in Australia is packaged like their UK and US counterparts! I don't know why but even the formula of these improved balms seems smoother and nicer, and the packaging that makes them more lipstick than chapstick makes for an all round happy Kate!



I managed to pick up what I believe are the only three available colours at the moment - Pink Shock, Oh! Orange! and Berry Bomb. The packaging is chic and bright, and the formula is smooth and absorbs into the lips instead of sitting on top, which is a feature some of the UK versions sometimes miss. Being a tinted lip balm, the colour is not too vibrant and pigmented, but add a nice coloured sheen to your lips while moisturising them. I'll definitely be wearing these through summer to keep my lips bright and happy!



Oh! Orange! is probably my favourite colour of the three. I'm a sucker for anything orange this season, so I'm loving that this adds an orange sheen as my pasty complexion doesn't agree to well with bright orange shades. The only downside is that this has a very orangey flavour, which I wasn't too peachy keen on, but it's nothing that would stop me from using it.


The next colour I tried was Berry Bomb, which I was dubious about as I've never worn such a bright purple lipstick before. I was pleasantly suprised when the colour came out very subtley, but if you're looking for a super pigmented purple then maybe give this one a miss. The purple one has a lovely berry flavour, which is similar to the flavour of one of the UK Baby Lips balms.


And last but not least, we have Pink Shock. I really love this colour and the only reason that it isn't my favourite is that I already have so many pink tinted lip balms. The flavour of this one is delicious (probably my favourite of them all) and it's a lovely, bright rosy pink colour.


They each retail at $3.95 AUD and I am so happy with all three of them! I'm officially starting up a petition for all Baby Lips products in Australia to be repackaged like the UK/US ones! Let me know if you agree below, and if you've managed to get your hands on them yet!

Much love!
Kate
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment