Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Review: Royal Explosion nails by House of Holland

Hey there sunshines!

I recently got an email from ASOS highlightig a set of Elegant Touch's House of Holland nails. I fell in love with the design featured on the email, Ghetto Gold, but wherever I looked that shipped to Australia had sold out. I happened to be in Priceline and saw that although they didn't have the same style, they had a gorgeous set of black and glittery nails - the Royal Explosion design - that would suffice. I've never worn fake nails before but I've seen a few people wearing the Elegant Touch nails and loved the look of them so I thought I'd try them out.



The pack (and isn't it a beautiful pack?) came with twelve glittery and twelve black (with glitter on the underside - so cute) nails, so the design was up to personal interpretation. It also included nail glue and a nail file. I decided on doing a glittery hand and a black hand, as I knew that a "statement" nail would feel out of place and annoy me after a while. Let's stick to asymmetry.

The application was SO quick and easy. I've never applied fake nails before and I just popped a YouTube video on as I did them, and I was done before the video ended! The variety of sizes that they give you is great as you can really find a nail that will fit nicely in your natural nail bed.

I loved the "claw" style of the nails but found that I couldn't do ANYTHING with them that long, especially type, which is not good for a uni student who blogs in her spare time! I cut and filed them down to a more manageable shape and length, and I'm still going to call them my claws because I haven't had nails this long in a while! I still have trouble texting but they look so good that I can't bear to cut them down any more!



My only complaint is that the glittery nails have an uneven dispersal of glitter - some nails have more than others. My middle finger nail is completely coated where as on the others you can see the black through the glitter. I still love these nails and can't wait to purchase and wear more House of Holland designs. I've also got my eyes on the Little Mix 2 collection, so please stop me from buying them before I take these ones off!

Seeing as I'm new to the fake nail game, let me know some of your favourite brands and I'll try them out!

*tap taps new nails as I type... Weeeee!*
Kate
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I always find that fake nails don't suit my nail shape so I tend to stick to polishes. The plain black is really flattering on you thought .x

    ReplyDelete